Re: Home dir settings

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:14:42PM +1000, Mark Constable wrote:

> Sorry to belabour the point... but how on earth do the
> people who use ldap provide home directory information ?
> Surely they do not keep a password file around just to
> provide homedir and uid/gid info ?
>
> Got any more of those juicy keywords to search on ? :-)

The "PAM LDAP" stuff is really 2 library modules: one for PAM; one for
NSS.  Look at your local /etc/nsswitch.conf for the kind of stuff the NSS
abstraction layer provides.  Look at the glibc info docs for information
about this; I don't know if there's anything there, but there should be.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         wcooley@nakedape.cc
Naked Ape Consulting                      http://nakedape.cc

Mencken and Nathan's Ninth Law of The Average American:
	The quality of a champagne is judged by the amount of noise the
	cork makes when it is popped.