Porting pam to Solaris, HP-UX, others

Now that I am aware of Linux-pam on sourceforge, I would like shift my port
of pam_access from being a quick and dirty patch against a redhat package
to being something that is well integrated with Linux-pam.

Currently the configure.in script is a bit messy on the OS-specific
detection.  For example, it assumes that if you are using gcc, you are also
using gnu ld.  For me this is not the case on Solaris, and (I think) that
gnu ld is not even supported on HP-UX.

Has anyone done work on porting to other OS's that is not in the head CVS
branch?  Does anyone have interest in having me do (or not do) some cleanup
as time allows?

Mike