Re: Where's sgml2html? (Linux-PAM docs are in SGML)

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 12:03:12PM -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> Yeah, I was trying that. The docs are very skimpy, the install is
> incomplete, and then you find out you need OpenJade, and it's build
> system has its problems (or is it my make? I'll try GNU make). Sigh. Oh
> well. I'll get it working at some point.
>
> But whatever did happen to the original sgml2html tool that I see so
> many references to? It's not the same thing as sgmltools, for sure. It
> seems that Paul Prescod wrote sgml2html a long time ago, there's
> references to the software as being located somewhere in a home page of
> his that no longer exists and his current home page doesn't list it.

Things change, and new fancy stuff replaces old and usable...
Get sgmltools rpm file from some (not necessary newest) redhat release.
If the binary doesn't work on your system, rebuild it from source rpm.
I personally use the one from rh5.0

Best regards
		Andrey