RedHat 7.2 pam_unix.so and PAM_AUTHTOK?

--0__=09BBE695DFECE81E8f9e8a93df938690918c09BBE695DFECE81E

Thanks for the links.  The tip about the not_set_pass argument sounds like
what
I was looking for, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem.  With or
without the option,
pam_unix is preventing the passwords from being available to my module.
Maybe
this is a bug.

I replaced pam_unix.so with pam_pwdb.so in my stack list, and that allowed
my
module to retrieve the passwords as expected, so I do not think the problem
is
in my module or configuration.  I guess I will have to go to the source to
try to figure
out why pam_unix is clearing the password tokens.  Maybe the module is
doing something that requires it to be the last in line for password
management.

-Jonathan
jkung@us.ibm.com

Jenn Vesperman <jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au>@redhat.com on 07/30/2002 01:08: