RedHat 7.2 pam_unix.so and PAM_AUTHTOK?

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 03:26, jkung@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >From what I have been able to observe on RedHat 7.2, the pam_unix.so
> password module clears the PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK
> tokens so the next stacked password module can not call pam_get_item
> for the data. Is there an argument that can be passed to the pam_unix.so
> password module that will tell it to not clear the tokens?  I want to write
> a pam module that can be called after pam_unix.so, and I want to use
> the passwords that were previously entered by the user.  If I missed some
> documentation or a previous thread on this, I apologize and would
> appreciate a pointer to the info.

Use the argument 'use_first_pass' for your module.

eg:

password required pam_unix.so <arguments>
password required my_module use_first_pass <other arguments>

try_first_pass should work too.

See also:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-4.html#ss4.3
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam_modules-4.html

Also check that this is NOT set:

"The not_set_pass argument is used to inform the module that it is not
to pay attention to/make available the old or new passwords from/to
other (stacked) password modules."

That's from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-6.html#ss6.26

Failing that, set debug and poke around in the source to see what it's
doing wrong.

Jenn V.

jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/