RedHat 7.2 pam_unix.so and PAM_AUTHTOK?

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 09:15, jkung@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Thanks for the links.  The tip about the not_set_pass argument sounds like
> what
> I was looking for, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem.  With or
> without the option,
> pam_unix is preventing the passwords from being available to my module.
> Maybe
> this is a bug.
>
> I replaced pam_unix.so with pam_pwdb.so in my stack list, and that allowed
> my
> module to retrieve the passwords as expected, so I do not think the problem
> is
> in my module or configuration.  I guess I will have to go to the source to
> try to figure
> out why pam_unix is clearing the password tokens.  Maybe the module is
> doing something that requires it to be the last in line for password
> management.

In that case it sounds like pam_unix is not working as documented, which
is a bug either in the module or the documentation.

I recommend reporting it as a potential bug, and/or reporting it with a
patch. :)

Sorry I don't know more about the code itself.

Jenn V.

jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/