Newbie question, creating new account and password

--=-EWkpfyx1/yZ9g9Z/Zen0

* It requires all sorts of shell escaping for input (since it takes the
username on the command line),=20
* You can't set the initial password,=20
* You have to parse stderr in order to get error feedback.

I tend to agree with John.  It would be worthwhile if there was a
programmatic interface to useradd, perhaps as a library.  The useradd
binary could be just a wrapper to the library.

-Devin