[p2patent-developer] peer to patent development January update

Quoting Thomas Plunkett <thomaskplunkett at gmail.com>:

> Luis,
>
> My answer to your question...
>
> The BlueJ/Microsoft issue was the visible tip of the iceberg.  The
> prior art was so blatant and had such visibilty amongst the community
> that the company had to take action on it.  But most applications are
> below the visibility level for the community (just as an iceberg is
> mostly below the water line).  P2Patent will hopefully get the right
> people to look at those lower visibility applications and find
> relevant prior art.
>
> Tom

A few days ago I decided to play around with googles new patent search engine.
Note that I have put the same search words into the USPTOs system really not
so long ago, as I do this at least once every couple years, typically more than that.

The search pharse I gave google was "Virtual Interaction Configuration", but unlike
the past, this time a patent showed up. It was only referencing my work as "other
references" and I have not yet had the chance to really read through the patent.
But it is my intent to rewrite the patent claims and whatever else in terms of
common since, common direction of anyone skill in the art of applying "the
point of computing", to be of non-novel,... in term of abstraction physics, etc..

I think this will be a good example of how abstraction physics can be applied in
two different ways to describe in essence the same objectives. One way in terms
supportive of patentability and the other in terms of clear non-patentability.

It is such exercizes as this that can be used to educate one on perspectives, how
they and differ and how the clever use of abstractions can be used to bias.

I mean if you are going to make a judgement of how talented an mathmatician is,
whether or not his work is really noteworthy, you kinda gotta mention or otherwise
make obvious whether he is applying the roman numeral system or the hindu arabic
decimal system. Assuming can easily lead to misdirection and error in understanding.

Currently the porblem with judgement regarding software patents is based upon faulty
or grealty limited perspective of what software is. To understand this is to know
its absolutely no supprise at all that there are mounting problems in the industry
of software. And it esculates as I recently read something about how most software
today does not take advantage of multicore processors. Meaning reinvention ... can
be a race to do that same thing but on a multicore processor... and get the patent..

Anyways, its time for a perspective change, and the place to start is with existing
patents and the rewritting of them in terms of what is not patentable. To provide an
alternative perspective that will lead to real solutions or resolution to the
inevitable mounting problems of a system based upon error in perspective.

Before we understood chemistry well enough to even think chemical megaplants were
possible, we made errors. The evidence of error in chemistry is far more obvious
then errors in a subject matter that is not only abstract but subjective.

Hindsight helps to deal with the subjectivity problem and we can apply abstraction
in a way intentionally contridicting the abstraction sequence in a patent..
(As was writting a patent in terms of patentability, was also intentional)

And any opposition to this is going to do what? bit flip abstractions?
...shrug...
T. Rue