[p2patent-developer] peer to patent development January update

Luis,

My answer to your question...

The BlueJ/Microsoft issue was the visible tip of the iceberg.  The
prior art was so blatant and had such visibilty amongst the community
that the company had to take action on it.  But most applications are
below the visibility level for the community (just as an iceberg is
mostly below the water line).  P2Patent will hopefully get the right
people to look at those lower visibility applications and find
relevant prior art.

Tom

On 1/30/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> Tangent: everyone here should have seen the bluej/microsoft thing that
> went on over the weekend; if not, best summary I can find is here:
> http://271patent.blogspot.com/2007/01/ad-hoc-community-patent-review-and.html
>
> A good question to ask might be- what role would p2patent have played
> had it been up and running before this started? I'm really not sure if
> it is a great question (given the speed with which that particular
> meme moved) but something to ponder, at any rate.

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Share Photos]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Photo]     [Yosemite]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]     [Linux Resources]