Re: [EXTERNAL] - Validating Client Certificates

On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 02:09:30PM -0700, Doug Hardie wrote:

> My other client is technically savy, but just too busy to get involved
> with creating CSRs.  While I have not been able to get them to think
> about these issues yet, I believe they will go with having me create
> the user ids, and certificates.  Hence, the ids will be unique.  I
> don't know if they will want key passwords or not.  They all use
> Windows machines so I don't know if that is even an option.

You can create a PKCS#12 file with a password-protected key and matching
certificate.  The user can then import it into whatever software they
choose.  You can share the password that encrypted the key out-of-band.

The same with the users who want a shared credential.

--
    Viktor.