Problems with OpenSSL and local database connectivity

This is a description of a problem. I am using OpenSuSE 15.4 with Gnome 41.8 and configured a couple OpenSSL connections using the network settings utility provided by Gnome. It used to be that any time the VPN was connected all local network resources were unavailable. That seems to have improved to where everything is available except for local database connections. If the VPN connection is closed and then opened again the local database connections may be available.

I perform database support so it would be nice if I could connect to local databases while connected to a client through their VPN host. Hopeing this is an issue that can be resolved.

--
Patrick Headley
Linx Consulting, Inc.