RE: Updating RSA public key generation and signature verification from 1.1.1 to 3.0

Coincidentally, just yesterday I was helping someone debug a DigestVerify issue. We were consistently getting the "first octet is invalid" error out of the RSA PSS signature verification code, but the same inputs worked with openssl dgst.

I wrote a fresh minimal program from scratch (really minimal, with hard-coded filenames for the inputs), and it worked fine as soon as it compiled cleanly.

I'd suggest trying that. Get it working in a minimal program first. Make sure you have all the correct OpenSSL headers, and there are no compilation warnings. Then integrate that code into your application.

(I didn't have the original application to go back to, in my case, and the person I was working with is in another timezone and had left for the day.)

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Application Modernization and Connectivity