Re: Updating RSA public key generation and signature verification from 1.1.1 to 3.0

On Thu, 2022-09-08 at 16:10 +0000, GonzalezVillalobos, Diego via
openssl-users wrote:
> [AMD Official Use Only - General]
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently working on updating a signature verification function
> in C++ and I am a bit stuck. I am trying to replace the deprecated
> 1.1.1 functions to the appropriate 3.0 versions. The function takes
> in 2 certificate objects (parent and cert), which are not x509
> certificates, but certificates the company had previously defined.
> Using the contents from parent we create an RSA public key and using
> the contents from cert we create the digest and grab the signature to
> verify.
>
> In the 1.1.1 version we were using the RSA Object and the
> rsa_set0_key function to create the RSA public key and then used
> RSA_public_decrypt to decrypt the signature and RSA_verify_PKCS1_PSS
> to verify it. This whole workflow is now deprecated.

> Is this the correct way of creating RSA keys now? Where is my logic
> failing? Can the same type of procedure even be done on 3.0? Any
> advice would be really appreciated.

In the original code you seem to be using PSS padding for verification.
Did you try to set the PSS padding on the digest verify context? See
demos/signature/rsa_pss_hash.c on how to do it.

--
Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL