Re: Reg, TLS over SCTP (SOCK_SEQPACKET)

Hi,
Thanks for the pointers. We will consider that option.

Regards,
Sanjaya

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2017, at 06:34, Sanjaya Joshi <joshi.sanjaya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Thank you Salz Rich for the confirmation.
> So, whether application can perform manual TLS handshakes when SOCK_SEQPACKET is used ?
I this the SOCK_SEQPACKET model doesn't fit well to the way the openssl code is layed out.
They basically want a one-to-one relation between a bio (for example a socket bio) and
a TLS connection. So there is no muxing/demuxing ongoing.

I'm wondering why you are sticking to the 1-to-many style sockets and why you are not
considering DTLS over SCTP instead of TLS over SCTP. DTLS over SCTP using one-to-one
style sockets (SOCK_STREAM) is supported by OpenSSL on Linux and FreeBSD.

Best regards
Michael