Re: ECDSA_SIG_new and ECDSA_SIG_free details

Am 12.01.17 um 13:19 schrieb Salz, Rich:
My question was meant to ask why the pointers are initialized with
memset() instead of initializing them by an assignment with NULL or 0.
Was this a deliberate decision for some reason, or did it just creep in and no
one cares now to fix it? Would the OpenSSL team accept pull requests that
fix this?

It was a mix of what was done, and then a conscious decision to do things that way.

As for the PR, well, maybe...  We'd need to know details of which machine "test/sanitytest.c" fails on, and how popular it is to see if it's worthwhile.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think IBM iSeries is affected by this, but I still have to verify this.

--
Stephan