Re: Packet Timing and Data Leaks

On 8/7/23 10:14 PM, Damien Miller wrote:
On Mon, 7 Aug 2023, Chris Rapier wrote:

Sorry for top posting but I'm on my phone. My colleague just sent me
this. https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/07/audio_keystroke_security/
I don't know how relevant this is as of yet but based on a quick
reading it seems related.

AFAIK using audio is a much easier target, as each key probably has
some acoustically-unique signal to define it in addition to the
inter-keystroke timing signal.

I still have to read through the paper in more detail (reading a PDF on my phone was less than optimal) to get more detail on how they did it. It could be acoustic signals based on minute variations in each key. On my cursory read it seemed like a lot of Deep Learning special sauce thrown on top without enough details to really know what they were really doing.

I might just write the authors and see what they have to say.

Chris