Re: "Bad packet length 1231976033"

> On Apr 24, 2023, at 2:11 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> One other thing I noticed: I have ssh issues to/from my Ubuntu VM
>> or slow https downloads until I reboot it, then it works properly
>> for a while until it doesn't.
>>
>> Wondering if it's also a possible device driver related issue?
>> None of the other guests (OpenWrt, CentOS, Fedora, etc) seem to
>> have network related issues.  Just Ubuntu.  And it happens when
>> Ubuntu is either the client or the server (at least for ssh/scp).
>
> I guess that it's related to distribution patching rather than device
> drivers. Try using unmodified openssh-portable code on that ubuntu
> system and see if that's any different.
>
> Also, what's the connection between "https downloads" and SSH?
>

> //Peter

Sorry, maybe that wasn't clear.

HTTP/S and HTTP downloads on the clients (such as "apt-get update") would get slower and slower until I rebooted the Ubuntu guest VM's.

Per my other posting a couple of minutes ago, moving KVM from a CentOS 7.9 host (and the ancient version of KVM, Qemu, and libvirt that comes with that distro) to RHEL 9.1 resolved a lot of problems.

I'm running 5.15 kernel which is not stellar, but it's good enough.

-Philip