Unhandled Pulse authentication packet with Duo MFA

I took the new Pulse Connect Secure support (thanks David!) for a
spin, on Fedora 31, using the system default openconnect-8.05-1.fc31
package.  Our Pulse server requires Duo MFA.

When testing a connection, after I supply my username/password, I am
prompted for a secondary authentication code.  After entering "push"
(which pushes an approval request to my phone), and approving the push
request on my phone, openconnect immediately dies with this error
message:

    Unhandled Pulse authentication packet, or authentication failure

…followed by 3 lines of hex-dumped data.

Is this a known issue?  If not, is there anything I can do to help get
this working?  (I’m a Fedora packager, and am familiar with GitHub,
GitLab, et. al., so I can easily pluck commits off of development
branches and test them locally.)

Scanning the full log (including the entire hex dump), I clearly see
my username/password in plaintext, so I’m not sure if there’s any
other sensitive data that might be in there.  But if the
username/password is the only sensitive data, I can excise that, and
send the full log.