Unable to build v8.05 with PKCS#11 support and OpenSSL

Hello,

I am trying to build OpenConnect v8.05 in an Ubuntu Linux chroot
environment using the --without-gnutls option. I need to authenticate
with a SmartCard, so OpenConnect must be built with PKCS#11
functionality. Before building OpenConnect, I made sure the required
software was installed (e.g., sudo apt-get install libp11-kit-dev
libp11-dev). However, after building OpenConnect with

./configure --without-gnutls
make
sudo make install

...running openconnect --version yields:

OpenConnect version v8.05
Using OpenSSL. Features present: TPM (OpenSSL ENGINE not present),
HOTP software token, TOTP software token, DTLS, ESP
Supported protocols: anyconnect (default), nc, gp, pulse

And attempting to connect to a VPN using the cert on my smartcard
results in the following error:

This version of OpenConnect was built without PKCS#11 support

This problem does not occur when building OpenConnect without the
--without-gnutls option.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Adam