Complicated web login flows with Pulse Secure VPN

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 11:55 AM David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> Remind me of those please. As I prepare for the 8.0 release it would be
> good to pull those in unless they're completely horrible hacks specific
> to your setup.

The second patch I mentioned was a pretty bad hack (especially after
discussing it with Daniei Lenski).  Worked for me but definitely not
the right solution.  The issue is my work vpn used the same loginForm
form ID for both password and stoken input.  So there was no easy way
to distinguish the two and I made an ugly hack that worked but results
failed login attempts as it tries the token id as the password field.
I'll re-send the stoken patch request and add you to the thread so you
can see that one.

> It's been talked about, repeatedly :)
>
> The first step is to add a 'webview' callback method which the GUI
> authentications can implement, which bypasses the current hackish HTML
> screen-scraping. That much is relatively easy, in fact, but then we'd
> need to do the WebKitGtk stuff inside the NetworkManager auth-dialog
> for GNOME and KDE, etc.
>
> If there's a volunteer for the latter, I could certainly put together
> the former. I'm just not that keen on throwing together the API change
> for the webview callback without properly testing it.

I'd definitely be interested, but I haven't done any C/C++ programming
in nearly 2 decades now :)
If I get some time on this I might try to dust off the rust and see
how I can do with it, but I'm not counting on making any real headway
at least not soon.  If I get some serious time I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info,
Andy