Complicated web login flows with Pulse Secure VPN

On Tue, 2018-10-30 at 16:54 -0500, Andy Wang wrote:
> I was, up until very recently, using openconnect and
> NetworkManager-openconnect to connect to my work VPN.  I had a private
> hack to make the stoken stuff work (it was submitted in an email on
> this list) as well as another hack to deal with our token form not
> having the same expected form type.

Remind me of those please. As I prepare for the 8.0 release it would be
good to pull those in unless they're completely horrible hacks specific
to your setup.

> A couple of weeks ago we moved to a whole new login flow, where we now
> are redirected to a saml login page for authentication and then
> prompted to choose one of two types of MFA access - token code or
> mobile application notification based.
>
> With the more complicated flow I've had to switch back to the pulse
> secure client which embeds a webkitgtk UI to handle those flows.
>
> Just curious but is there anyone working on some similar flow support
> with NetworkManager-openconnect?  I'm guessing that this type of
> authentication is way outside of the scope of openconnect's built in
> html client.  (Pulse Secure's cli client can't handle this login flow
> either).

It's been talked about, repeatedly :)

The first step is to add a 'webview' callback method which the GUI
authentications can implement, which bypasses the current hackish HTML
screen-scraping. That much is relatively easy, in fact, but then we'd
need to do the WebKitGtk stuff inside the NetworkManager auth-dialog
for GNOME and KDE, etc.

If there's a volunteer for the latter, I could certainly put together
the former. I'm just not that keen on throwing together the API change
for the webview callback without properly testing it.