Unsupported version error

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Stephen Davies <sdavies at sdc.com.au> wrote:
> Sorry, still no joy.
>
> The actual value in the config file was vendor.

Just to be 100% certain here.
You *did* try running openconnect without `--userconfig=version`, right?
What was the result?

> Here is the AnyConnect client XML file   they provide for windows users with
> just the host names changed. Is there anything in here that I should be
> using?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <AnyConnectProfile xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/
> AnyConnectProfile.xsd">
>         <ClientInitialization>
>                 <UseStartBeforeLogon
> UserControllable="true">true</UseStartBeforeLogon>
>                 <AutomaticCertSelection
> UserControllable="false">true</AutomaticCertSelection>
> <ShowPreConnectMessage>false</ShowPreConnectMessage>
> <CertificateStore>All</CertificateStore>
> <CertificateStoreOverride>false</CertificateStoreOverride>
>                 <ProxySettings>Native</ProxySettings>
> <AllowLocalProxyConnections>false</AllowLocalProxyConnections>
> <AuthenticationTimeout>12</AuthenticationTimeout>
>                 <AutoConnectOnStart
> UserControllable="true">false</AutoConnectOnStart>
>                 <MinimizeOnConnect
> UserControllable="false">true</MinimizeOnConnect>
>                 <LocalLanAccess
> UserControllable="false">false</LocalLanAccess>
>                 <ClearSmartcardPin
> UserControllable="false">true</ClearSmartcardPin>
> <IPProtocolSupport>IPv4,IPv6</IPProtocolSupport>
>                 <AutoReconnect UserControllable="false">true
>                         <AutoReconnectBehavior
> UserControllable="false">DisconnectOnSuspend</AutoReconnectBehavior>
>                 </AutoReconnect>
>                 <AutoUpdate UserControllable="false">true</AutoUpdate>
>                 <RSASecurIDIntegration
> UserControllable="false">Automatic</RSASecurIDIntegration>
> <WindowsLogonEnforcement>SingleLocalLogon</WindowsLogonEnforcement>
> <WindowsVPNEstablishment>LocalUsersOnly</WindowsVPNEstablishment>
> <AutomaticVPNPolicy>false</AutomaticVPNPolicy>
>                 <PPPExclusion UserControllable="false">Automatic
>                         <PPPExclusionServerIP
> UserControllable="false"></PPPExclusionServerIP>
>                 </PPPExclusion>
>                 <EnableScripting
> UserControllable="false">false</EnableScripting>
>                 <EnableAutomaticServerSelection
> UserControllable="false">false
> <AutoServerSelectionImprovement>20</AutoServerSelectionImprovement>
> <AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>4</AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>
>                 </EnableAutomaticServerSelection>
>                 <RetainVpnOnLogoff>false
>                 </RetainVpnOnLogoff>
>         </ClientInitialization>
>         <ServerList>
>                 <HostEntry>
>                         <HostName>Vendor VPN</HostName>
> <HostAddress>remotehost</HostAddress>
>                         <UserGroup>vendor</UserGroup>
>                         <BackupServerList>
> <HostAddress>backuphost</HostAddress>
>                         </BackupServerList>
>                 </HostEntry>
>         </ServerList>
> </AnyConnectProfile>

I remain convinced that there's something wrong with the
`--usergroup=vendor` setting here. From your original log, a POST to
https://remotehost/vendor leads to a 404 error, and a GET leads to a
redirect for old clients. which don't support POST This should not
happen.

POST https://remotehost/vendor
Attempting to connect to server 1.2.3.4:443
SSL negotiation with remotehost
Connected to HTTPS on remotehost
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found     [<- !!!!!]
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: Close
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 10:22:24 GMT
HTTP body http 1.0 (-1)
SSL socket closed uncleanly
Unexpected 404 result from server
GET https://remotehost/vendor
Attempting to connect to server 1.2.3.4:443
SSL negotiation with remotehost
Connected to HTTPS on remotehost
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Temporary moved
Set-Cookie: tg=string; path=/; secure

-Dan