Unsupported version error

On 02/06/18 18:50, Daniel Lenski wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Stephen Davies <sdavies at sdc.com.au> wrote:
>> I am trying to connect to a client's VPN with openconnect.
>>
>> I successfully used openconnect to this site two years ago but obviously
>> things have changed since then.
>>
>> I have tried with the version provided by Centos 7 and with versions
>> compiled here with several different OpenSSL releases but to no avail.
>>
>> Here is what I see (edited to protect the innocent):
>>
>> [root at se5 ~]# openconnect --config=/etc/openconnect.conf remotehost
>> POST https://remotehost/vendor
>> Attempting to connect to server 1.2.3.4:443
>> SSL negotiation with remotehost
>> Connected to HTTPS on remotehost
>> Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
>> Unexpected 404 result from server
>> GET https://remotehost/vendor
>> Attempting to connect to server 1.2.3.4:443
>> SSL negotiation with remotehost
>> Connected to HTTPS on remotehost
>> Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Temporary moved
>> GET https://remotehost/+webvpn+/index.html
>> SSL negotiation with remotehost
>> Connected to HTTPS on remotehost
>> Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
>> GET https://remotehost/+CSCOU+/anyconnect_unsupported_version.html
>> Please upgrade your AnyConnect Client
>> Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie
> There's nothing wrong with the new version of openconnect; it's just
> that the server has decided to refuse connections from clients it
> doesn't recognize. This kind of gratuitous incompatibility is easily
> bypassed by spoofing the User-Agent string of an "acceptable" client.
> See manual (http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/manual.html) or try
> something like this:
>
>      --useragent ?Cisco AnyConnect VPN Agent for Windows 4.6.01098?
>
> Dan

Down with paranoia!

I love simple solutions like this but unfortunately, it did not work for me.

I added --useragent="Cisco AnyConnect VPN Agent for Windows 4.6.01098"
to my command line and then to my config file but neither made any
difference to the output.

I tried 7.06 (from Centos 7) and 7.08 built here with OpenSSL 1.1.0h.

The results were the same except that 7.08 gave additional messages re
the issuer certificate.

I then managed to find that the Windoze AnyConnect client that they use
is 4.2.01035 so I tried that in the useragent but still no joy.

Is there something different in that old version of AnyConnect?

Cheers and thanks,

Stephen