Startup problem...

Hi,
 i've setup an old pc with linux (Debian 3, kernel 2.4) and i'm trying
to setup some service for a little lan (3 pc).

(Sorry for my english...), I've got the debian packages and i've installed
it. I've modified all conf files and the service is now up and
running (port 119 news and 9119 http). If i connect my browser to
localhost:9119 it seem to be all ok... but if I try to connect with TIN
or with netscape communicator, i got the message "initial server rebuild in
progress (760 groups complete), ...".
I've tried for a while but the message is still the same and i can't read
newsgroup. What am i doing wrong?

Please help me,
bye
   Giordano