Re: NNTPC: NNTPC 88.2UL

> Well, I've tried 88.2 and trn still doesn't like it. The newgroup
> command returns an error (syslog logs it as a 'crazy flow error').
> In nntpcache.c:667 there is an '#ifdef 0' around the processing of
> the newnews, newgroups, and xgtitle commands. This causes these to
> fall through to the 'default' in the case statement which gives the
> error message to the reader and to syslog. As a quick hack I took
> out the ifdef and did a 'emitrn(".")' for that case. Trn now just
> warns about being unable to get the groups but continues. If I knew
> what the correct response was for no new groups I would use that
> instead.

I have written some code to do a proper multi-server newgroups command,
and it appears to work. It will be in the next release.

>    Would it be possible to change the connection logging to include
> the IP address as well as the hostname, such as:
>    'connect from user@host.do.main(123.45.67.88)'
> as I think I (and a few other people) have occaisional DNS slowness
> that causes the 'connect from' to be empty, and an address would be
> better than nothing.

Shouldn't be a problem. I'll add it in.

> frank
> --
> Frank Smith  --  System Administrator         E-mail: fsmith@spec.com
> Systems & Processes Engineering Corp. (SPEC)  Voice:(512) 306-1100 x154
> 401 Camp Craft Road                           Fax: (512) 306-1122
> Austin, TX  78746-6558                        Web: http://www.spec.com

As for when the next release will be, that'll be when either Proff and/or
me has fixed some of the other reported bugs. When that'll be depends on how
hard some of these bugs are to fix :-\.

--
Luke Bowker, puke@suburbia.net, puke@deakin.edu.au
Suburbia Public Access Network Site Sysadmin

"Don't try to understand. Knowing you, I'm probably wrong" - D. Mustaine