Re: NNTPC: Wishlist

> Thanks to all who answered my query about possible off-line use of nntpcache.
>
> I have been up until now using suck with INN.
> Normally this works fine.
>
> However suck has a few shortcomings:
> (1) If the remote newsserver is reconfigured and the low/high water mark
> number change, suck gets totally confused.

And so does any newsreader I've ever come across. NNTPCache would get confused
to a certain extent too. It's one of those things that isn't supposed to
change.

> (2) adding a newsgroup requires adding it to suck and INN separately

If you suck in control you can probably feed the newgroup message to INN
automagically, or you can probably write a script to add to both suck and
INN for you. I agree it's a bit ugly though.