Re: newscached

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Julian Assange wrote:

> Bah. WWW caching is real easy in comparison to NNTP caching. So easy infact
> that it has been done before ;) Try the Harvest or CERN WWW caching daemons.

Sorry for the insult :-)

So what about a www mirroring daemon that actually puts the files in place
(or do Harvest and CERN this?) rather than some cryptic cache.

Apache has a beta mirroring option but I prefer something like nntpcache
that does caching (or mirroring) and nothing else ...

note: I am not a www freak so I don't feel like talking to the wrong
listeners ...

--marc.

 marc@offline.be    [me@home]
 mduponch@cisco.com [me@work]