NNTPC: no groups in the lists

>What can I put instead of DEFAULT? Their IP address? Or mine? Not obvious
>at all, IMHO.

You can put another IP address... we had to renumber our servers IP's and
one of our providers servers didn't allow from our new IP# so I had to put
our old IP# in the servers file.  Just replace DEFAULT with 192.168.21.21
(or whatever).

>Machine does indeed have two -- internal and external...

You may be identifing yourself as the internal IP which doesn't have access
at some of the remote servers... make sure you specify it correctly.

>Khmmm... Will try. Would not you expect a warning in this case from the
>software that logs 4 lines for failing connection?..

<shrug> the code is full of quirks :-)

>Still, little news-server seems to be a better alternative. I expected
>the proxy to be easy to set-up/maintain. It is not. And the server is
>better in that it does allows off-line Usenet reading for the users (when
>the LAN is not connected to the world).

Once I set it up and got it working I basically haven't had to touch it.
Sorry that's a white lie... I had to install a script to make sure it
automatically restarted if it died but that was trivial.

Hmm, yes.  My big gripes/requests for improvements for nntpcache are:

1/ Allows reading of what *is* in the current cache when your link or
remote server is down.

2/ Allows redundant news feeds.  So I can have an overlap of servers
(doubling up on some but not all groups) so that if one dies groups can
still be read from others.  Obvously this would be tricky ... but it would
be **real** nice for those of us trying to provide commercial grade service
with nntpcache.

Adam.