Re: NNTPC: Some problems with 0.92.8UL

Toivo Pedaste wrote:

> I've been trying out the latest version of nntpcache (running on Linux)
> using nn and have noticed some problems.
>
> 1) If you go into a nes group nn will request the xover for any
> new articles, this fetched from the server OK, if you then request
> all the articles in the group you will only get the articles in
> the xover cache in nntpcache not the full list from the server.
> This is bad (and non transparent).
>
> 2) If the nntpcache copy of the active file has been updated since you last
> read the group nn will do an xover request for the new articles, nntpcache
> will reply with the info in its xover cache, which is none, nn will then
> think the articles are expired and mark them as read. This is a very
> bad result indeed.

These should be fixed with my patch
	ftp://greathan.apana.org.au/pub/nntpcache/nntpcache-0.92.8UL.patch
Please try it but don't forget to get rid of your existing xover files
first.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>