Some newsgroups not fetched anymore

Hi all,

recently our nntpcache stopped fetching several newsgroups. I have no idea
how many, since we cache quite a lot of them, but it is sure that at least
two of them are not picked up anymore.
At first I thought it might have been something at the side of our providing
news server, but I telnetted in to it, only to see that everything was
alright there (e.g. comp.lang.ada is one of them), and the resp. newsgroups
were happily filling with articles.

Nothing was changed to the configuration and I even added a specific line
for comp.lang.ada (as a test) to fetch it from our default server, but to no
avail.
Anybody have any experience with this?

Regards,
Wim