brainstorm

I've got a setup with 3 servers behind an nntpcache which I'm
experimenting with.  The top server carries all groups so has
very little retention.  The other two have specific binary
feeds.

Some readers are using messageid to retrieve binaries
but because they're using messageid they're coming from
the main server but then it fails to cache them because
they didn't come from the server that nntpcache gets that
type of article from.

Is it possible to cache it in the right place and then store
the history?

Or...

Should I change the order so that text articles requested by
id miss on both binaries servers before being found on the
main one?

What do you think?

--
Faye Pearson,