Re: NNTPC: 0.92.5UL with Linux and Solaris 2.4

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Tim Krantz wrote:

> > I went and grabbed .5 as soon as I noticed it, and it's doing the same thing.
> > I can only request a few groups.  The rest show-up a 411.
>
> [configs snipped]
>
> > Anyone have an idea?
>
> Nope.  Just wanted to let you know that I have the same problem with
> both .4 and .5UL.  Actually, no version has worked for me yet but I
> am still hopeful! (At least not with many of my newsreaders, first
> the problems with netscape, trumpet for windows has never worked.  Winvn
> has been OK at times up until these last 2).

My setup did a 411 error as well. A fragment of my syslog debug is
available at http://www.obscure.org/~rbulling/nntpcache/ct.txt, and a
session log of me telnetting into my own nntpcache nntp port is at
http://www.obscure.org/~rbulling/nntpcache/typescript.txt

I have NNTPCache 0.91.2UL working OK, but with 0.92.4UL all I get are 411
no-such-group errors, even after cleaning the cache directories out
completely.

I am running Linux 2.0.17 with libc 5.3.12.

-Richard Bullington <rbulling@obscure.org>   http://www.obscure.org