nntpcache and UUCP posts.

greetings,

	The links for the mailing list archives as well as my
search on the web for this question hasn't turned up anything
interesting.

	The problem I am having is that my UUCP host
has upgraded his news setup to include nntpcache, but
now it is impossible for me to post via my machine through
UUCP. I was given the oppertunity to help him solve this
problem somehow.

-=-=-==- begin problem outline -=-=-=-=-=-=-

For news system, my server is running NNTPcache V2.3.2 with some custom
modifications. (see www.nntpcache.org for details).

The trick to making posts go out successfully is to have them "POST"ed
to the server using the NNTP POST command, and not the
NNTP IHAVE/SENDME protocol, which the NNTPcache server can't handle
since it isn't a full-blown news server.

-=-=-=-=-=- end problem outline -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now I can probably code some kind of fancy script to convert all
incoming messages from all uucp nodes to a format that would
be acceptable to by the NNTPcache program.

Is this the best solution? Is this the only solution? Hasn't
anyone else had such problems?

Thank you for your time.

Andy
hrdware@sprint.ca