Re: NNTPC: How do you merge groups from two servers ?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Nimrod Dahan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to use nntpcache to merge two servers.
> I have fast connection to a small server where articles expire fast.
> And a slow connection to a larger server which holds the articles for
> longer time.
>
> I need the slow one for only alt.* groups.
>
> I figured that nntpcache will use the faster server for all available
> groups on that server.
> But instead it uses the slow one.
>
> Please Help.
>
> Thanks
>     Nimrod Dahan

I was looking for a more complicated scenario. I believe I determined that
nntpcache will use the FIRST server (and ONLY the first which is my current
problem) which matches for any given newsgroup.

If the first fast but low retention server has the groups you want in
its active file you will have to explicitly tell nntpcache what is
acceptable to take from the first server i.e. !alt.*.

I would imagine such a configuration item must be in the manual.

Regards,
Rob

--
----------------"Linux the choice of a GNU Generation!"-----------------
Robert Hardy                                          C.E.O. Webcon Inc.