Please Help! spam.filter

Hi,

I'm having difficult time trying to make spam.filter rules work out, and
I'd greately appreciate any help or hints. I'm sure many of you have this
feature working since there's no reference to it in archive.

I tried doing something similar to the included example in spam.filter:

Subject: 10001  nocase  (money|cash|dollar|\$.*\$|^\$|\$$)|
        (great |business).*(opportunity|venture)|
        (rich |succ?ess).*(fast|quick)|((free|f r e e) offer)|(spam )

but it had no effect. I changed the weight and tried different headers
(head, from) with no success.

Any hints or working samples please?

Thanks.