Re: NNTPC: Postinstallation problems: syslog, multiple servers

Julian Assange wrote:

> Michael Siebke <michael.siebke@kecam-han.de> writes:
>
> > news.3dfx.com.                  DEFAULT         24h      4d      4d     30m
> > 3dfx.*                          news.3dfx.com
>
> You have a trailing dot on one server name, but not the other.

Yes, that was the problem :-)

I patched the source a little bit to get some more debug information and after
all found the problem. Anyway, thank you.

Btw, in the meantime the evaluation has finished. The order is ongoing, one
company using nntpcache more...

Regards,
Michael Siebke

PS: Up to now I could never reach the news server "news.nntpcache.org" mentioned
in the samples configuration files. Is this server gone?