Postinstallation problems: syslog, multiple servers

I've running nntpcache on a Sun Solaris 2.7 server since today for evaluation purposes. Up to now I'm very impressed by the features as well as by the performance, at least based on that I've tested up to now. Anyway, I have still some open problems:

Problem #1: I can't see anything about nntpcache in the syslog. The syslog is completely managed by a remote host (loghost). The "*.debug" output is written to a file by that host but nothing could be found there about nntpcache. All nntpcache logging settings are set to "Yes".

Problem #2: I've specified a couple of servers to get newsgroups from. Unfortunately only the first two entries seem to be active. Some more details about that: I have one major newsfeed and a couple of news servers for specific groups:

*             businessnews.de.uu.net.
netscape.*    secnews.netscape.com.
borland.*     forums.borland.com.
nntpcache.*   news.nntpcache.org.

I've checked the news servers and except for news.nntpcache.org all servers are running NNTP services on port 119 (btw, why news.nntpcache.org not?).

However, I see only groups from the first two servers. The http statistics shows traffic for all the servers (but news.nntpcache.org).

Hmm, I'm struggeling at little bit at the moment. Any help? Any specific information required to help me?

Regards,
Michael Siebke