Re: NNTPC: Re: Y2K issues

    J> gnus-5.8.2 is what I personally use (i.e obviously without
    J> problem). Can you turn on full debugging (via nntpcache.config
    J> or kill -INT) and see what commands gnus is sending?

Will do, although I have not had the problem since Sunday night; I did
discover one of my correspondents were using a version of ELM with a
nasty year=100 bug.  Other members of our mailing lists could not see
his errant headers (their ISP may have been rewriting them) but once I
had alerted him and he upgraded, that part of my problem vanished.

It's very comforting to know you are also using gnus; this confirms
what I suspect about it being an accident happening in the space
between programs rather than in the programs themselves.  Although the
issue seems to have solved itself I will keep nntpcached in debug mode
for a few days and let you know if I see anything suspicious.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Telecom Services : Internet Consulting : http://www.teledyn.com