Y2K issues

This is not a bug report, just a heads-up on my ongoing Y2K issues:
I'm mostly just interested to know if anyone else is having these
problems.

Ever since midnight Jan 1, 2000 _GMT_, I have found nntpcached fails
to talk to GNUS unless I clear out the cache.mmap and rebuild it.  The
problem has returned several times since the roll-over and I wonder if
it might be caused by incoming messages dated January 100 A.D.

It does not appear to be a corruption of cache.mmap because other
applications other than GNUS can access the nntp server without
problems, and it does not appear to be a GNUS bug because it works
fine when talking directly to an INND nntpserver at my ISP.  The
problem only manifests in the space between these applications.

This may or may not be another clue, but I also see logfile reports
from my caching nameserver telling me just about every DNS in the
known universe is 'lame' ... I found this hard to believe and
restarted named, and the problem went away (so far).

For reference, I am running Linux 2.2.12 on Intel, and all of my system
applications (not including the kernel) are from the Mandrake 6.1 kit

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Telecom Services : Internet Consulting : http://www.teledyn.com