Local newsgroups

Hello All,

I know this is probably a real dumb question. I've read the faqs and help test
I can find, but the solution still evades me.

I want to have local newsgroups as well as newsgroups from an uplink. I want
users using the web to be able to access (rw), articles via their mwindows mail
clients (not by loggin into the server with a shell account.

I'm running slackware linux v2.0.34, nntpcache 1.0.7.1.

I've tried lots of things, none of which worked (I'm ashamed to say what they
are 'cause they're probably so far off base I'd look more foolish).

Could someone please help.

--
cheers,

Phillip Morgan,