Re: NNTPC: SIGSEGV

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Tom wrote:

>   I don't know if this is always handled well.  Remember, "BAD things"
> happen if you run out.  I've also found out bad things happen if you run
> out of fds, and nntpcache doesn't look that either.

For Linux, fd patches can be obtained from:

http://www.linux.org.za/filehandle.patch.linux
ftp://ftp.is.co.za/linux/local/kernel/filehandle.patch.linux

You can do it by adjusting one .h file in the kernel source, but
these patches make things a lot more flexible and enable dynamic
adjustment of fds and inodes per process and system-wide.

AB