Re: NNTPC: SIGSEGV

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Herbert Xu wrote:

> >   Is it possible to determine how much of it is being used?  The config
>
> du is your friend.

  Assuming you have a cache.mmap to look at.  I've never seen one before.
It also doesn't seem like fun putting it on disk.

> > file warns about bad things if the cache fills up.  I'm not sure about
> > what things are cached in the mmap area, so perhaps certain news servers
> > with certain article selections can cause it to fill?
>
> That's not very likely.  If it did happen, you'll get messages in your syslog
> saying so, e.g., X*malloc's will fail.

  I don't know if this is always handled well.  Remember, "BAD things"
happen if you run out.  I've also found out bad things happen if you run
out of fds, and nntpcache doesn't look that either.

> --
> Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 is out! ( http://www.debian.org/ )
> Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
> Home Page: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/