Re: NNTPC: problem starting

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, George Seremetidis wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses. After some digging, playing,
> guessing, etc. I deleted the cache.mmap and then it worked
> fine.

Sounds like there needs to be better checking of cache.mmap and
automated deletion of the file if it's corrupted.

The last 10 failures of nntpcache here have been caused by a
trashed cache.mmap. It seems to die about once every 10 days and I
run it out of inittab, so it's always running unless something
catastrophic repeatedly prevents it starting.

AB