Re: NNTPC: problem starting

> Thanks for all the responses. After some digging, playing,
> guessing, etc. I deleted the cache.mmap and then it worked
> fine.

Seems to happen a fair bit.

Maybe there needs to be more sanity checking in nntpcache (with magic
numbers to detect clobbers, etc.), or fork off a daemon that every 30
seconds or so does consistency checks.

Sure, it would probably suck for a busy production environment on the long
term, but on the short term in might point out what some of these problems
are.

-cw