Re: NNTPC: Problem with dead nntpcache sessions?

On 6 Apr 1998, Matt Ranney wrote:

> away.  I haven't heard any complaints from the other users though, who
> all use Netscape as their newsreader.  Presumably this is because when
> they are done "reading news", they close the newsreader window, which
> dumps the connection.

Can anyone confirm or disprove that netscape still opens a new
connection for every single message retrieved (and closes without
a quit)?

It was a major pain in the *** under INN, because forking off a new
nnrpd is expensive in CPU terms. How does nntpcache handle such
abuse?

AB