AUTHINFO once more

Hi,

I'm new to this group and fairly new to nntpcache.  I have it installed
(NNTPcache server V2.3.2.1, Linux 2.0.33) and am testing it, with a
handful of readers, as a possible alternative to innd (we were once a
feeder site for others but now only require it for local readers).

It does all the things we're wanting in a news cache - very miserly on
storage and bandwidth - excellent!

Our installation of innd has been hacked (by a predecessor who's long
gone) to enable access control based on remote-user authentication (pcnfsd
to be precise).  We would like to retain some sort of user-based access
control, alongside the IP-based control in nntpcache.  I see that in this
version it is not supported anymore.

Do others use this?  What version of nntpcache supports this?  Or have you
hacked it yourselves?

Looking forward to hearing...

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)