NNTPCache - "No such group"

Couldn't find it in the FAQ - I've just installed NNTPCache, very
straightforward, kudos to the authors - and it hands on the active file
fine. Then when I go to read a group it says 'No such group'. Posting gives
a similar error, and puts

nntpcache-client[1927]: ppp74.interline.com.au noperm post without
permssion.^M

in the log.

I've set the permissions so anyone can read/post in the access config file.
Where should I start looking?

regards
Ian.