Re: NNTPC: Re: User authentication on nntpcache

In message <199802101534.QAA19122@pc4.mpn.cp.philips.com>,
lambermo@mpn.cp.philips.com (Hans Lambermont) writes:
| > authentication requests without referral, but this in itself leads to
| > administration problems. i.e how does nntpcache get access to the
| > authentication data? /etc/passwd? nis? kerberos? tacacs? radius? What
|
| Create a sort of plug-in piece of c-code in which users can implement their
| own authentication calls. fi. we will be using radius only, and we have the
| code for inn's nnrpd ready by hand. Of course when we are ready we will
| publicize this code (first for squid).

Ideally I'd like to restrict access to *binaries* groups to users listed
in a file (simply a user per line would do).  Our client machines
from which reading is allowed all run identd, so that's how I'd get
the username.
No need for passwords, etc, just authorised users.

If anyone here has a Nyx (nyx.net) account, you'll know what I mean.

Paul Gregg
Nyx System Administrator
--
 The Internet Business Ltd, Holywood House, Innis Court, Holywood, BT18 9HF
 pgregg@tibus.net                                     http://www.tibus.net/