Re: from CoLinux to MoreLinux :D

Ok but then what it means what I read below (taken from wikipedia) :

L4Linux also allows setting up a virtualized environment vaguely similar to Xen or Kernel-bas
ed Virtual Machine (KVM), but a few significant differences exist between the intent of Xen and L4Linux.

Il ven 8 dic 2023, 12:13 Richard <richard_siegfried@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

On 08.12.23 09:11, Mario Marietto wrote:
> With l4linux (or redox) can I boot and run 2 linux distros using the
> same kernel ? I ask because the developers talk about virtualization and
> because CoLinux allows us to boot Linux while using Windows
> What I'm very interested to achieve is to run Linux as a process under
> FreeBSD or vice versa,using the best of those two microkernels.

Neither FreeBSD nor Linux has a microkernel. From all your questions I
think it would be helpful to read up on some Operating System Theory
before you go on. I can recommend "Operating Systems - Three Easy
Pieces"
(https://techiefood4u.files.wordpress.com/2020/02/operating_systems_three_easy_pieces.pdf
)

It's almost as good as the Tanenbaum Classic, but free.

-- Richard