Re: Generating Log of Guest Physical Addresses from a Kernel Function and Perform Analysis at Runtime

Thank you very for your help. I have checked the ftrace, and perf. I think it won't work for me.I am not analyzing/tracing the the kernel. I want to develop my own dynamic tool like Pin Tool  (or moudule which can be loaded/unloaded at run time dynamically), so that I can easily tune/modify for different purposes , and to get any type of specific information from the kernel/KVM, espcecially in the context of virtualization (guest and/or host memory management). That's why I take a start from generating the log of guest physical addresses from the kernel by saving it to the file; with the passage of time, I will add the funcationalities to it.
Thank you.

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 03:05, Ruben Safir <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 07:08:14PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:21:18AM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > >
> > > Try using ftrace and tracing in general first, before messing around
> > > with netlink.  ftrace does not require any kernel changes at all, why
> > > would you _not_ want to try that?  :)
> >
> > The kernel has GPS data in it?
>
> Of course it does, why wouldn't it? :)

So when the Nazi's and current Nazi's want to put me in the oven that
they can't track me.

Or put it this way, if it doesn't make the hardware GO, why would it be
in the kernel?

My computer doesn't even have a GPS...and it is going to stay that way.

Regards,

Mr. Irfanullah